August Bank Holiday Weekend
Travelling over the Bank Holiday weekend?
Most of our network will be open this Bank Holiday weekend with only a small amount of engineering work taking place.
Saturday 24th August
- Normal Saturday service will run on all routes.
Sunday 25th August
- Engineering work is taking place between Herne Hill and Shortlands.
- Buses will replace trains between Denmark Hill, Herne Hill and Bromley South stopping at all stations.
- Brixton station will be closed and you’ll be able to use your ticket on the Underground between Brixton and London Victoria to connect with train services from there.
Bank Holiday Monday, 26th August
- Engineering work is taking place in the Grove Park area. Because of this, some of our longer-distance trains will be diverted to and from London Victoria and other trains may have extended journey times.
- Grove Park, Elmstead Woods and Chislehurst stations will be closed with buses replacing trains. There will also be no service on the Bromley North branch.
If you’re travelling to London St Pancras to connect with services from London Kings Cross, major engineering work is taking place throughout the Bank Holiday weekend and there are no trains running to and from Kings Cross on Saturday or Sunday. More information is available here: www.eastcoastupgrade.co.uk
To plan your journey, please use our journey planner.