Off-Peak Train Tickets
Travel at quieter times and save money
Travel off-peak and save
On weekends and Bank Holidays, you can travel at any time with an off-peak ticket. On weekdays, there are no evening peak restrictions on Southeastern operated services when travelling with an off-peak ticket, however, some time restrictions apply to journeys in the morning.
- If you are travelling from Kent & East Sussex into London, Off-Peak tickets are valid on trains that arrive into London after 10am.
- If you are travelling from London to Kent & East Sussex, Off-Peak tickets are valid on trains departing from London after 9.30am.
- If you are travelling entirely within the Greater London area, Off-Peak tickets are valid on trains departing after 9.30am.
The government has delayed the annual change to rail fares from January until 1st March 2021. Fares are increasing by 2.6%, the lowest amount in 4 years, and if you do need to travel by train, you can still purchase or renew tickets at 2020 prices right up until 28th February 2021.
Whether you're exploring the city sights of London or taking a trip out to the coast, travelling at off-peak times can save you money.
You can also find great savings with our Super Off-Peak tickets.
Find out how much you can save by travelling Off-Peak
|Tunbridge Wells to London
|Canterbury to London
£34.70 inc. high speed
£41.00 inc. high speed
|Maidstone to London
£22.70 inc. high speed
|London to Battle
|London to Folkestone
£34.70 inc. high speed
£43.80 inc. high speed
|London to Ashford International||£28.50
£34.20 inc. high speed
£39.80 inc. high speed
Fares correct at last date of publication 18/11/2020
You can check the full terms and conditions for Off-Peak fares at National Rail Enquiries.
Yes you can apply for a refund.
If the refund is requested before the date of travel printed on the ticket, Southeastern will refund in full and no admin fees apply.
If the refund is requested after the date of travel printed on the ticket, a £10 admin fee applies.
- Railcard holders get 34% off all Off-Peak fares.
- 16-17 Saver holders can get 50% off all Off-Peak fares.
There may be minimum fares and time restrictions on tickets purchased with a 16-25, 26-30, Senior, Two Together or Network Railcard. You should check the terms & conditions of your Railcard or discount card to see if they apply to you.
Questions about our services?