Operating in a socially and environmentally responsible way is a huge part of our vision. Learn more about Southeastern's commitment to the environment
Our commitment to the environment
Meeting your needs in an environmentally responsible way
- Energy use associated with powering our trains
- Energy use associated with operating our stations and depots
- Waste management
- Reducing electricity and gas consumption
- Increasing the amount of waste diverted from landfill
- Engaging our employees to reduce the environmental impact of our activities
Recent environmental statistics - 1 April 2019 - 22 June 2019 (2019/20 P1 - P3)
|Carbon emissions per passenger journey (kgCO2ppj)****|| 1.04
|Site electric (kWh*)||4,910,518|
|Site gas (kW*)||1,704,100|
|Site solar (kWh)||282,573|
|Train electricity fuel efficiency (vehicle miles per kWh)|| 0.25
|Waste subject to other recovery (e.g. Incineration)||67.8%|
|Waste landfilled|| 6.1%
|Complaints in respect of noise**||16
|Environment incidents reported, included any enforcement action***||0|
*Subject to change following final billing.
**Does not include complaints related to train horns
***incidents reported to enforcement authorities and any enforcement action
Year end data is reported by the Go-Ahead Group.
Did you know?
- We use technology to generate energy when many of our trains brake and return it as electricity to the rail system
- We have upgraded our lighting at a number of stations and depots to a new energy efficient LED system, reducing energy use
- We monitor our water consumption with meters and work to fix leaks
Our environmental and energy policy
Questions about our services?