Going away for the night? Buy a Weekender Ticket and travel Off-Peak on a Friday and return on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays.
How Weekender Tickets work
- You can travel outwards on Fridays after 9.30am or anytime Saturdays
- For your return trip, your ticket is valid on any train on Saturdays, Sundays, Easter Monday and May Bank Holidays (6 and 27 May).
- Make the most of your ticket – stop off at any one of our stations on your way home at no extra cost
Use your Railcard with your Weekender Ticket and get a discount.
Inspiration for your weekend
Have a break from the hustle and bustle of the capital and go for a walk through Greenwich Park. Follow the path up to the Royal Observatory, and you’ll be rewarded with a view back over London. Be at one with nature and visit the Red and Fallow deer in The Wilderness section of the park before heading to the oldest pub in Greenwich, The Plume of Feathers, for a traditional pub lunch.
Whether you're searching for a true seaside delicacy or just an unconventional day out, Whitstable has it all. Visit The Royal Native Oyster Stores for the freshest fish, wander around picturesque Harbour Street to explore the boutiques, before talking a stroll along one of Whitstable’s beaches.
Terms & Conditions
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from our ticket offices, online or from our ticket vending machines.
Check your journey to see if the Weekender ticket is available.
GroupSave discounts are not available with the Weekender.
When and where the ticket can be used
- Weekenders are available for First Class and Standard Class travel.
- All travel must be completed between Friday and Sunday (or the Monday if it’s a Bank holiday) of the same weekend.
- Outward travel is valid on Fridays after 9.30am or anytime Saturdays. Also the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend.
- Return travel is valid at anytime on Saturdays or Sundays, and also the Monday of a Bank holiday weekend.
- No outward break of journey is allowed. You can break your journey on your return journey.
- Tickets are valid to return the same day but day returns will normally be cheaper.
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-6 area.
All the other usual terms and conditions apply. See www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcoc.
Questions about our services?