Staying overnight? Buy a Weekender Ticket and travel Off-Peak on a Friday and return on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays.
How our Weekender Tickets work
- Travel on Fridays after 9.30am or anytime on a Saturday
- For your return trip, your ticket is valid on any train on Saturdays, Sundays, Easter Monday & Bank Holiday Mondays.
- Plus, you can make the most of your ticket and stop off at any one of our stations on your way home at no extra cost. A great way to see and do more!
- Save money by using your railcard when buying a Weekender Ticket. Visit our railcards page to find out more.
Inspiration for your weekend
Have a break from the hustle and bustle and take a walk-through Greenwich Park. Follow the path up to the Royal Observatory, and you’ll be rewarded with incredible views over London. Step aboard the Cutty Sark, or shop for unique arts and crafts and delicious food at Greenwich Market. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the River Thames or relax on a boat trip and take in the sights from a new perspective.
Canterbury is one of the most beautiful and historic cities in England. The Norman cathedral dominates the skyline, and the medieval city centre is home to picturesque streets and independent shops, pubs and restaurants. Take a punt out on the River Stour and explore the city by water or check out the Marlowe Theatre or the Gulbenkian for some culture.
There is plenty to do at this pretty seaside town, sample some famous Whitstable oysters, stroll along the charming harbour, visit the many shops and boutiques in Harbour street or enjoy fresh seafood at The Royal Native Oyster Stores.
Terms & Conditions
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from our ticket offices, online or from our ticket vending machines.
Check your journey to see if the Weekender ticket is available.
GroupSave discounts are not available with the Weekender.
When and where the ticket can be used
- Weekenders are available for First Class and Standard Class travel.
- All travel must be completed between Friday and Sunday (or the Monday if it’s a Bank holiday) of the same weekend.
- Outward travel is valid on Fridays after 9.30am or anytime Saturdays. Also the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend.
- Return travel is valid at anytime on Saturdays or Sundays, and also the Monday of a Bank holiday weekend.
- No outward break of journey is allowed. You can break your journey on your return journey.
- Tickets are valid to return the same day but day returns will normally be cheaper.
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-6 area.
All the other usual terms and conditions apply. See www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcoc.
Questions about our services?