Save money on your trip by booking ahead
Advance tickets for money saving travel
Our Advance Tickets offer great savings on single tickets for specific trains and routes when you book up to 12 weeks in advance. If you're making a return journey, make sure you buy a ticket for each direction. You can mix and match Advance Tickets and times to suit you. The earlier you book, the cheaper they will be – there's only a limited number so don't miss out!
Plus, you can get another 1/3 off the price if you're a railcard holder.
Buy your Advance Ticket at home via our Southeastern app, online or from a station ticket office right up to 6pm the day before you travel.
Find out how much you can save by booking in advance
|Tunbridge Wells to London||£6.10||£15.50|
|Canterbury to London
£12.50 inc. high speed
£34.70 inc. high speed
|Maidstone to London
£8.90 inc. high speed
£22.70 inc. high speed
|London to Battle
London to Folkestone
£13.60 inc. high speed
|London to Ashford International||
Fares correct at last date of publication 14/10/2020
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic there are more frequent timetable changes, we would suggest you check your travel arrangements a few days before travel.
Details last updated November 2020
You can check the full terms and conditions for Advance fares at National Rail Enquiries.
- Bookings for Advance tickets are available during weekdays until Friday 28th May.
- Advance tickets for weekend travel are available until Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd May.
After making your booking, please recheck your travel times a few days prior to travel.
Details last updated 14th April 2021
Advance Tickets are available on selected routes including some high-speed services.
Unfortunately, Advance Tickets are not available for journeys entirely within the London Travelcard area (Zones 1-6), or from selected stations close to London.
Yes you can change your Advance ticket so long as it’s before the date of travel. If your journey is just with Southeastern no admin fee will apply. For a long-distance journey, a fee of £10 for each ticket may be charged.
Please visit one of our ticket offices or log in to your Southeastern account (if purchased online) to have your ticket changed. (Please note, Advance rate tickets are subject to availability).
- If you have booked your Advance ticket with Southeastern on or before 4 January 2021, valid to travel after 5 January 2021, we can exchange your ticket for an e-voucher or you can reschedule your journey free of charge. Please contact us here for more information.
- Please note Advance tickets are not refundable outside of the above unless there is severe disruption on the network.
- If you're returning your ticket for an e-voucher please ensure you contact us within 28 days from the date on your ticket.
Please note –
- e-vouchers are not exchangeable for cash
- There is no limit to the number of times a ticket can be changed
- You must contact us within 28 days from the date on your ticket
- All Advance Ticket types are limited in number and require a place to be reserved
- For some journeys, this will be in the form of an allocated seat. Southeastern do not offer a reservation with a specific seat, instead the reservation is in the form of a counted place.
- Please note: in either instance your ticket will only be valid for the specific train chosen
Details updated 24th November 2020
Advance fares are valid only on the date and the train shown on the ticket.
Weekday Advance fares are available on selected routes, primarily Off-Peak services.
Any day of the week with more choice on Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays.
Child discounts apply for all Advance fares, and you can combine adult Advance fares with Kids for a Quid.
Questions about our services?