If you know when you’ll be travelling, buying an Advance ticket up to 12 weeks before your journey will save you money compared to buying a full price ticket on the day.Southeastern Advance tickets are low cost, standard class, single tickets that are sold for travel on specific trains between London and a range of stations in Kent and East Sussex. There are only a limited number of places allocated and can sell out before the deadline of 18:00 the day before travel.
You can buy Advance tickets online and at our ticket offices.
During the current Covid 19 crisis our Advance tickets for travel in less than 3 weeks will be made available once the timetable has been confirmed, this means they may not be available until 2 – 14 days before the date of travel. For bookings made more than 3 weeks ahead please recheck times before travel a day or two before the date of travel.
Find out how much you can save by booking in advance
||Super Off-Peak single
|Tunbridge Wells to London||£6.10||£15.50|
|Canterbury to London
£12.50 for high speed
£34.70 plus high speed
|Maidstone to London
£8.90 plus high speed
£22.70 plus high speed
|London to Battle
London to Folkestone
£13.60 plus high speed
|London to Rye||
Fares correct at last date of publication 6/04/2020
Advance Tickets Terms and Conditions
What else should I know about Advance Tickets?
- Our best value* Advance Tickets are available online and can be collected from Ticket Vending Machines or ticket offices at our stations or delivered by post. They can also be bought from ticket offices
- Tickets are subject to availability and can be booked up to 12 weeks ahead of the date of travel
- The deadline for buying these tickets is 6pm the day before travel
- They are sold as Single fares but you can mix and match Advance Tickets for a return journey
- They’re available on many regular and high speed services but not for journeys entirely within the London Travelcard area, or from certain other stations close to London
- You can change your Advance Ticket at any National Rail ticket office and you’ll have to pay any difference between the price paid and the price of the next suitable fare for your journey.
- Advance tickets are non-refundable
When can I use an Advance Ticket?
- Advance fares are valid only on the date and the train shown on the ticket
- Weekdays Advance fares are available on most journeys;
- to London after 9.45am
- from London between 10am and 4pm and after 7pm
Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays Advance fares are available on most journeys all day
At weekends, due to engineering work, Advance fares may be withdrawn or reservations opened less than 12 weeks ahead
What discounts are available?
- Child discounts apply for all Advance fares, and you can combine Adult Advance fares with Kids for a Quid
- National Railcard holders get 1/3 off all Standard Class Advance fares
- Group discounts are not available
Questions about our services?