Visit great destinations at last year's prices
Visit great destinations across London and Kent by booking Advance tickets - at last year's prices!
If you know when you’ll be travelling, buying an Advance ticket up to 12 weeks before your journey will save you money compared to buying a full price ticket on the day.
Our Advance Tickets are standard class single tickets that are sold for journeys on specific trains. They're also subject to availability, so book as early as you can to avoid disappointment and get the best deal.
You can buy Advance tickets online and at our ticket offices.
Find out how much you can save by booking in advance
||Super Off-Peak single
|Tunbridge Wells to London||£6.10||£14.70|
|Canterbury to London
£12.50 for high speed
£32.80 plus high speed
|Maidstone to London
£8.90 plus high speed
£21.50 plus high speed
|London to Margate
£13.80 plus high speed
£33.20 plus high speed
London to Folkestone
£13.60 plus high speed
|London to Battle||£10.20
Fares correct at last date of publication 15/08/2019
Terms and Conditions
What else should I know about Advance Tickets?
- Our best value* Advance Tickets are available online and can be collected from Ticket Vending Machines or ticket offices at our stations or delivered by post. They can also be bought from ticket offices
- Tickets are subject to availability and can be booked up to 12 weeks ahead of the date of travel
- The deadline for buying these tickets is 6pm the day before travel
- They are sold as Single fares but you can mix and match Advance Tickets for a return journey
- They’re available on many regular and high speed services but not for journeys entirely within the London Travelcard area, or from certain other stations close to London
- Prior to the departure of the first booked train the date and/or time of an Advance Ticket can be changed at any National Rail ticket office – you will have to pay any difference between the price paid and the price of the next suitable fare for your journey. There is normally a £10 fee to change Advance Tickets however Southeastern waive this fee for Advance Tickets between London terminals or Gatwick Airport and Southeastern destinations
- Advance tickets are non-refundable
When can I use an Advance Ticket?
- Advance fares are valid only on the date and the train shown on the ticket
- Weekdays Advance fares are available on most journeys;
- to London after 9.45am
- from London between 10am and 4pm and after 7pm
Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays Advance fares are available on most journeys all day
At weekends, due to engineering work, Advance fares may be withdrawn or reservations opened less than 12 weeks ahead
What discounts are available?
- Child discounts apply for all Advance fares, and you can combine Adult Advance fares with Kids for a Quid
- National Railcard holders get 1/3 off all Standard Class Advance fares
- Group discounts are not available
Availability of Advance fares
Advance tickets are currently on sale up to and including the dates below -
|Weekdays||All routes||27 November 2019|
|Saturdays||All routes||16 November 2019||Limited availability from St Pancras and Victoria on 14 September due to engineering work.|
17 November 2019
Limited availability from St Pancras and Victoria on 15 September due to engineering work.
Very limited reservations are available for 3 November due to engineering work.
You won’t get a seat but still have to travel on the train(s) you have chosen.
Details last updated 4 September 2019
You can sign up for alerts to find out when advance tickets come on sale at National Rail.
Questions about our services?