Save money on your trip by booking ahead
Advance tickets for money saving travel
Our Advance Tickets offer great savings on single tickets for specific trains and routes when you book in advance. If you're making a return journey, make sure you buy a ticket for each direction. You can mix and match Advance Tickets and times to suit you.
Plus, you can get another 1/3 off the price if you're a railcard holder.
Buy your Advance Ticket at home via our Southeastern app, online or from a station ticket office right up to 6pm the day before you travel.
Network Rail has made a temporary change to how far in advance it confirms rail timetables. This is a national issue, and the majority of journeys are unaffected. More detailed information is available here.
In some cases the timetable will not be confirmed until less than the usual 12-weeks before travel. Wherever possible, we've highlighted those journeys yet to be confirmed in our journey planner.
Find out how much you can save by booking in advance
|Tunbridge Wells to London||£6.30||£15.90|
|Canterbury to London
£12.80 inc. high speed
£35.60 inc. high speed
|Maidstone to London
£9.10 inc. high speed
£23.30 inc. high speed
|London to Battle
London to Folkestone
£14.00 inc. high speed
|London to Ashford International||
Fares correct at last date of publication 14/10/2020
You can check the full terms and conditions for Advance fares at National Rail Enquiries.
- Bookings for Advance tickets are available during weekdays until Friday 30th July.
- Advance tickets for weekend travel are available until Saturday 24th July and Sunday 25th July.
- Bookings for Advance tickets are also available from London St Pancras to Sandwich on morning trains only from Wednesday 14th – Friday 16th July for The Open.
- Please note reservations are mandatory on all High Speed services from London St Pancras to Sandwich before 12:00pm from Wednesday 14th – Sunday 18th July (inclusive).
- Due to engineering works taking place no advance bookings are available to and from London Victoria on Sunday 20th June.
After making your booking, please recheck your travel times a few days prior to travel.
Details last updated 14th June 2021
Advance Tickets are available on selected routes including some high-speed services.
Unfortunately, Advance Tickets are not available for journeys entirely within the London Travelcard area (Zones 1-6), or from selected stations close to London.
Yes you can change your Advance ticket so long as it’s before the date of travel. If your journey is just with Southeastern no admin fee will apply. For a long-distance journey, a fee of £10 for each ticket may be charged.
Please visit one of our ticket offices or log in to your Southeastern account (if purchased online) to have your ticket changed. (Please note, Advance rate tickets are subject to availability).
- All Advance Ticket types are limited in number and require a place to be reserved
- For some journeys, this will be in the form of an allocated seat. Southeastern do not offer a reservation with a specific seat, instead the reservation is in the form of a counted place.
- Please note: in either instance your ticket will only be valid for the specific train chosen
Details updated 24th November 2020
Advance fares are valid only on the date and the train shown on the ticket.
Weekday Advance fares are available on selected routes, primarily Off-Peak services.
Any day of the week with more choice on Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays.
Child discounts apply for all Advance fares, and you can combine adult Advance fares with Kids for a Quid.
Questions about our services?