Times are changing on 10 December
We’re committed to providing a better, more reliable and sustainable railway, and we’re continuing to listen to your feedback about our services, as well as use journey data to assess travel patterns following the introduction of our December 2022 and May 2023 timetables.
From 10 December, we’ll be providing more train services as well as making several other improvements.
These changes follow a number of amendments that we’ve already made, which you can read about on our timetable updates page.
Timetable change summary
The main timetable changes include:
- More City Beam trains in service for metro customers on weekdays and weekends, providing a more modern, air-conditioned environment and specifically targeted to the busiest services, providing additional space where it’s most required.
- Additional morning peak trains in the Metro area targeting areas:
- Additional service in the morning peak on the Sidcup line.
- Additional rounder service via Greenwich and Sidcup.
- Additional stops at Albany Park in the early morning.
- Additional fast service in the morning peak from Maidstone East to Charing Cross.
- Additional service in the morning peak from Ashford International to Cannon Street.
- Additional services to reinstate a half hourly service on weekdays between St Pancras and Faversham:
- From St Pancras to Faversham between 07.20 to 20.20.
- From Faversham to St Pancras between 05.00 to 18.02.
We want your journeys with us to be on new, newer, or refurbished trains. So, as well as making improvements to our timetable:
- 28 Class 707 City Beam trains will be in service by December this year, and all 30 of our City Beam trains will be in service in 2024, providing more metro customers with a modern, air-conditioned environment.
- Our high speed trains are being upgraded with an interior refurbishment and some are in service for our customers already.
- On the mainline, all trains will have LED lighting and at-seat power sockets by early 2024.