High speed trains
Get there quicker on our 140mph Javelin trains, on the UK’s only high speed train line, running from London St Pancras International to top destinations in Kent
We're celebrating 10 years of high speed service
Over the past decade, over 100 million passenger journeys have been made on Southeastern’s Highspeed service, which first opened for business with a special preview service on June 29, 2009.
Travel at speed
We run the UK’s only high speed train line. Our Javelin trains travel at high speeds up to 140mph from London St Pancras International or Stratford International to Ebbsfleet International and Ashford International, that go on to call at many stations across Kent – including Canterbury, Margate, Ramsgate, Dover, Whitstable and Folkestone. So you can get where you need to be, faster.
You can take your bike on our Off-Peak services too but cycle space is limited - check our bike policy for more information.
You can buy a supplement and upgrade to high speed services if you have:
- A valid ticket or Season Ticket for any Southeastern service into London
- High speed supplements can be added to Key Smartcards at a ticket office
- A Travelcard starting from a Southeastern station outside the London Travelcard area
You can buy daily high speed upgrades from ticket offices and vending machines. If you don’t have a valid existing ticket and you want to use the high speed line you should buy a high speed ticket instead.
Ways to save
Are you planning a weekend getaway, or thinking of travelling in a group of three to nine adults? Take advantage of our cheap Off-Peak train tickets such as Weekender, GroupSave and Kids for a £1 to make the most of your trip. Find more ways to save and check out our top money saving tips.
- Southeastern introduced the UK’s first domestic high speed service from East Kent to St Pancras International in June 2009
- This service has cut journey times between Central London and Kent
- The high speed trains played a key role during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games as the Javelin shuttle service. Many of the trains are named after Olympic athletes
- All high speed services on our routes to Kent are Hitachi Class 395 trains
Tempted to travel on our high speed trains? Explore our network map and start planning your journey now!
Questions about our services?