Kids for a Quid
Pay just £1 each for up to four children when you travel with them Off-Peak on Southeastern services – all year round
Enjoy a family day out
It's easy to have an affordable day out with the kids - buy one valid adult ticket on Southeastern services and take up to four children with you for £1 each.
Get some inspiration for places worth a visit that the kids will love too.
Buying Kids for a Quid Tickets
You can buy Kids for a Quid Tickets online or from any of our ticket offices. But you can't get them from our ticket machines – sorry.
Under 5's go free and tickets cost £1 for children aged 5-15 when travelling with an adult with a valid ticket.
As they are already a real bargain, Kids for a Quid Tickets can't be further discounted with railcards, or used on journeys wholly within London Zones 1-9.
Where to go out...
There's plenty to entertain you at London's South Bank
Pop down to see the Cutty Sark by the river
National Maritime Museum
Sail the great map at the National Maritime Museum
Kids for a Quid
Terms and Conditions
- Valid with our Summer offer, but not valid with any other promotional ticket.
- Currently Kids for a Quid £1 tickets can only be purchased at ticket offices when buying Southeastern Advance tickets
- You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel
- Kids for a Quid Tickets are valid with open returns as well as day returns
- They are available from our ticket offices or online - but not from our ticket vending machines
When and where the ticket can be used
- Valid for travel on Southeastern services only
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-6 area - please note from 2 January 2018, Kids for a Quid will not be valid for journeys wholly within zones 1-9.
- Valid in conjunction with Off-Peak Tickets or from 09.30 onwards with tickets valid to travel at anytime
- No restrictions at weekends and public holidays
- Not valid in first class
- Unaccompanied children must pay the normal child fare, which is 50% of the adult fare
- Railcard discounts cannot be applied to the flat-rate £1 child fare
Questions about our services?