Kids for a Quid
Pay just £1 each for up to four children when you travel with them Off-Peak on Southeastern services – all year round
Enjoy a family day out
It's easy to have an affordable day out with the kids – buy one valid adult ticket on Southeastern services and take up to four children with you for £1 each.
Get some inspiration for things to see and do on our network, check out our events & things to do guide to see what's on.
Buying Kids for a Quid Tickets
You can buy Kids for a Quid Tickets online from any of our ticket offices or ticket machines.
Under 5's go free and tickets cost £1 for children aged 5-15 when travelling with an adult with a valid ticket.
As they are already a real bargain, Kids for a Quid Tickets can't be further discounted with railcards, or used on journeys wholly within London Zones 1-9.
Where to go out...
There's plenty to entertain you at London's South Bank
Explore the historic town centre and many attractions
Discover the history of this coastal town
Kids for a Quid Terms and Conditions
- Up to four children (aged 5 to 15 inclusive) can travel with each adult.
- Unaccompanied children must pay the normal child fare, which is 50% of the adult fare.
- Valid at Off-Peak times only (no restrictions at weekends and public holidays).
- Only valid on Southeastern services.
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-9 area.
- Kids for a quid only applies to journeys where Southeastern are responsible for setting the fare.
Which adult tickets can be used?
- The adult ticket used must be valid for the journey being made.
- Valid with Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak, Season Tickets and Advance fares.
- Railcard discounts can be used for the adult tickets however these discounts cannot be applied to the flat-rate £1 child fare.
- Not valid in conjunction with all our special promotion tickets.
Where can you buy tickets?
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from our ticket offices, ticket machines or online.
If purchasing with a Season Ticket, this must be at the ticket office.
All the other usual National Rail terms and conditions apply.
Questions about our services?