Kids for a Quid
Pay just £1 each for up to four children when you travel with them Off-Peak on Southeastern services – all year round
Enjoy a family day out
It's easy to have an affordable day out with the kids - buy one valid adult ticket on Southeastern services and take up to four children with you for £1 each.
Get some inspiration for places worth a visit that the kids will love too.
Buying Kids for a Quid Tickets
You can buy Kids for a Quid Tickets online or from any of our ticket offices. But you can't get them from our ticket machines – sorry.
Under 5's go free and tickets cost £1 for children aged 5-15 when travelling with an adult with a valid ticket.
As they are already a real bargain, Kids for a Quid Tickets can't be further discounted with railcards, or used on journeys wholly within London Zones 1-8.
Where to go out...
There's plenty to entertain you at London's South Bank
Pop down to see the Cutty Sark by the river
National Maritime Museum
Sail the great map at the National Maritime Museum
Kids for a Quid
Terms and Conditions
- Up to four children (aged 5 to 15 inclusive) can travel with each adult.
- Unaccompanied children must pay the normal child fare, which is 50% of the adult fare.
- Valid at Offpeak times only (no restrictions at weekends and public holidays).
- Only valid on Southeastern services.
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-8 area.
- Not valid in first class.
Which adult tickets can be used?
- The adult ticket used must be valid for the journey being made.
- Valid with Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak, Season Tickets and Advance fares.
- Railcard discounts can be used for the adult tickets however these discounts cannot be applied to the flat-rate £1 child fare.
- Not valid in conjunction with all our special promotion tickets.
Where can you buy tickets?
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from our ticket offices or online - but not from our ticket vending machines. When buying Southeastern Advance tickets, Kids for a Quid £1 tickets can only be purchased at ticket offices.
All the other usual terms and conditions apply. See www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcoc.
Questions about our services?