Ways to pay
There are many ways to buy tickets with us
Buy before you board
If you wish to buy any season ticket you should purchase a single ticket to another Southeastern station where we will be able to credit the value of your single journey against the value of the season ticket. Please note, this exchange must be done within 2 hours of purchasing your single ticket and we cannot offer refunds on tickets purchased from other train companies.
- We now have more convenient ways to buy a ticket before you travel: you can buy online using your card or Paypal account, through the Southeastern app, or you can register for our Key contactless smartcard, to get your Season Ticket.
- You can also use contactless methods of payment with a card, oyster card (when in applicable travel zones) and Apple pay.
- Also, we now have more ticket vending machines at stations, and of course you can buy from one of our friendly faces at the ticket office.
You can buy train tickets online with Southeastern for travel throughout Great Britain.
- No booking or credit card fees – unlike many other sites
- Lowest London fares can only be bought online
- See the cheapest available fares for your journey
- Buy monthly or annual season tickets online too
Ticket vending machines
It’s easy to buy tickets at a ticket vending machine. They’re available in all our stations.
Ticket Vending Machine Price Guarantee
If you buy a ticket from one of our ticket vending machines (TVMs), and find the same ticket available elsewhere for a lower price, we will refund you the difference. To check if you can get a refund please contact our Customer Services team by writing to us, including copies of any tickets bought.
Buy any train ticket for travel in Great Britain from any of our station ticket offices.
Oyster pay as you go
You can use an Oyster card on most National Rail services in London, as well as the Tube, buses, trams, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail. Just touch the card on the yellow reader by the barriers. Remember to touch in at the start and out at the end of your journey.
You can use contactless cards to travel on most National Rail services in London as well as the Tube, buses, trams, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail. Contactless cards are usually debit or credit cards. When you use them, you’ll pay the same fare as Oyster.
Just touch the card on a yellow card reader as you would an Oyster card. Always remember to touch in and touch out.
If you prefer to use your phone instead of a bank card, then Apple Pay and Android Pay are also accepted. Always remember to touch in and out.
Visa Checkout is the one click way to pay online. Simply select Visa Checkout when you buy tickets online with us. Find out more about Visa Checkout or sign up here if you don't already have a Visa Checkout account.
Questions about our services?