Planned engineering work
Working in conjunction with Network Rail, we are committed to continual improvement of our tracks
Planned engineering work
To maintain and improve the UK's rail infrastructure, Network Rail has to carry out regular planned engineering work. The work is normally done at weekends, on bank holidays and after 10pm during the week, but it may also affect our services at other times.
Check for planned engineering works affecting your journey
Choose a date below
Engineering work for Today
Alteration to late night trains between Sole Street / Strood and Rainham from Monday 18 February to Friday 22 February
18 February - 22 February 2019 11:59 PM
Between London St Pancras and Faversham / Ramsgate and between London Victoria and Gillingham / Faversham
Engineering work is taking place each night in the Sole Street area, closing various lines.
Monday to Thursday
- The 23:55 London St Pancras International to Faversham will be replaced by a bus between Ebbsfleet International and Faversham.
- The 23:42 London Victoria to Gillingham will terminate at Sole Street and a replacement bus will run from Meopham to Gillingham.
Tuesday to Friday
- The 00:10 London Victoria to Ramsgate is replaced by a bus between Meopham and Sittingbourne to connect with a train onwards to Ramsgate.
- The 00:40 London Victoria to Gillingham will terminate at Meopham with a replacement bus to Gillingham.
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- The 23:15 Ramsgate to Gillingham is replaced by a bus between Sittingbourne and Gillingham.
- The 22:40 & 23:10 London Victoria to Ramsgate services will run between Faversham & Ramsgate via Herne Bay (as they normally do on Monday, Wednesday & Thursdays). The replacement buses which are scheduled to run each Tuesday instead will not run.
- The 22:12 London St Pancras International to Ramsgate which normally terminates at Ramsgate on Tuesdays will run through to Margate. The replacement bus which is scheduled to run each Tuesday instead will not run.
- The 22:25 London St Pancras International to Ramsgate via Faversham will run between Faversham & Ramsgate via Herne Bay (as it normally does on Monday, Wednesday & Thursdays). The replacement buses which are scheduled to run each Tuesday instead will not run.
- The 23:10 Dover Priory to Gillingham will terminate at Faversham. Passengers should use the 22:50 Ramsgate to Faversham service which will be extended to Sittingbourne to connect with a replacement bus to Gillingham.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages
Non folding bicycles are not allowed on rail replacement bus services at any time. Folding bicycles are allowed if fully folded. For more information, please see here.
You can read more about engineering work and why it is necessary.
Engineering work this week
Click, zoom and pan around the map. The map key is at the top right.
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
Network Rail has made a temporary change to how far in advance it confirms rail timetables. This is a national issue, and the majority of journeys are unaffected. More detailed information is available here.
In a small number of cases the timetable will not be confirmed until less than the usual 12-weeks before travel. Wherever possible. we've highlighted those journeys yet to be confirmed in our journey planner.
You can still book tickets in advance, and our Advance fares are available up until 6pm on the day before travel. If you buy an Advance ticket for a train that is subsequently changed or cancelled, we will refund you. Check before you travel by using our journey planner, National Rail Enquiries or download our On Track app for the most up-to-date information.