Our Anytime Tickets are fully flexible
Anytime Tickets are fully flexible. That means you can travel at any time on your chosen date of travel and even break your journey with stops at any number of stations along the way.
You can buy Anytime Tickets in advance or right before you travel – it’s completely up to you.
Are there any restrictions on when I can use an Anytime Ticket?
- If you buy an Anytime Single or an Anytime Day Ticket (for an outward and return journey on the same day) you can travel at any time on the date shown on the ticket
- If you buy an Anytime Return Ticket you must make your outward journey within 5 days of the date on your ticket and return within one calendar month, but there are no restrictions on the time you choose to travel
Can I change my ticket?
You will need to buy a new ticket and apply for a refund on your existing ticket if you want to:
- Change the date of your single ticket or the outward travel date of your return ticket
- Change the destination of your ticket
- Switch the class of your ticket from first class to standard
You can pay an excess fare before you commence your journey to change your ticket if you want to:
- Upgrade your ticket from standard to first class
- Continue your journey to a station beyond the destination on your ticket
Please note that you need to pay an excess fare to change your ticket prior to your journey commencing.
Are there any discounts available?
- Up to two children under five can travel free with each adult holding a valid Anytime Ticket
- All children aged 5-15 receive a 50% discount on all Anytime fares
- Network Railcard and 16-25 Railcard holders get 1/3 off all standard class Anytime fares
- Holders of Disabled Persons, Family & Friends, HM Forces and Senior Railcards get 1/3 off both standard and first class Anytime Tickets
- Gold Card holders get 1/3 off standard class Anytime fares and JobCentre Plus Travel Discount Card holders get 50% off standard class Anytime fares
There may be minimum fares and time restrictions on tickets bought with a Railcard or other discount card. You should check the terms & conditions of your Railcard or discount card to see if they apply to you.
For more details check National Rail Enquiries full terms and conditions for Anytime Tickets.
Get in contact with us and we'll be happy to help.