Work is almost complete, the new station is due to officially open in May 2018.
Countdown to completion
The countdown to completion of the transformation of London Bridge now begins. While the majority of the work has taken place, Network Rail still have some jobs to do in the station and on the tracks, but this work will be finished during evenings and weekends, rather than on working days. Station closures will still affect some of our services until 25 February.
Full completion of the station is due in May 2018.
Rebuilding London Bridge station
What is the Thameslink Programme and why do we need it?
What’s going on at London Bridge station?
Work to expand the station will be completed in 2018
- There will be nine new ‘through’ platforms – two of which will be dedicated to Thameslink services – and six new terminating platforms
- All platforms will have step-free access
- Station facilities will be improved with new shops and cafes
- There will be a huge new concourse, bigger than the pitch at Wembley Stadium
- Railway lines will be untangled so fewer trains will be delayed outside the station waiting for platforms to clear