Closures will affect journeys in the New Year as Network Rail complete the rebuild of London Bridge station
Countdown to completion
The countdown to completion of the transformation of London Bridge now begins. While the majority of the work has taken place, there are still some jobs to do in the station and on the tracks, but this work will be finished during evenings and weekends, rather than on working days.
Full completion of the station is due in May 2018.
High speed season ticket compensation
Compensation will be processed from 2 January 2018. Once your compensation has been reviewed you will receive an email and the compensation amount due.
How is the compensation calculated?
High speed ticket holders will be able to claim this amount per day. The monthly overall difference is divided by 20 and the annual overall difference by 232 in order to give the pro-rata daily difference.
For example, the fares and the difference for a ticket from Ashford to London Terminals are:
|High speed||Non high speed||Overall Difference||Pro-rata Daily Difference|
So the calculation of the compensation amount based on a monthly ticket would be:
£597.90 - £498.50 = £99.40
£99.40 / 20 days travel = £4.97
Rebuilding London Bridge station
What is the Thameslink Programme and why do we need it?
What’s going on at London Bridge station?
Work to expand the station will be completed in 2018
- There will be nine new ‘through’ platforms – two of which will be dedicated to Thameslink services – and six new terminating platforms
- All platforms will have step-free access
- Station facilities will be improved with new shops and cafes
- There will be a huge new concourse, bigger than the pitch at Wembley Stadium
- Railway lines will be untangled so fewer trains will be delayed outside the station waiting for platforms to clear
What changes are currently affecting Southeastern services?
Read more on the May 2018 consultation timetable
This consultation is now closed.
Changes to the timetable are detailed in this document.
You may also click on the below links to view the individual timetables below: