Got a question about Advance tickets on our trains?
- Weekday bookings for Advance tickets are available until Thursday 25 January 2024.
- Weekend bookings for Advance tickets are available until Sunday 21 January 2024.
- Services departing between 23:00 and 02:00 will only open 8 weeks in advance to take into account any late night engineering works.
- Strike action is due to take place on Wednesday 6 December reservations on our services are suspended from 22:00 the day before until 10:00 the day after
Details last updated 20 November 2023
Advance tickets are only valid for travel on the specific date and time of the train selected when booked. The ticket will not be valid on other trains and you may be required to buy a new ticket if you travel on a different train than the one booked.
Advance tickets are available on selected routes, including some high speed services. Unfortunately, Advance Tickets are not available for journeys entirely within the London Travelcard area (zones 1-6) or from selected stations close to London.
Advance tickets are non-refundable.
However, fee-free refunds may be available if the service an Advance ticket was booked on has been cancelled due to industrial action, or if you abandon your journey due to service disruption. You can apply for this refund for Advance tickets bought through Southeastern at Customer Services. For Advance tickets not bought through Southeastern, please contact your original retailer.
Advance tickets are amendable, however an admin fee may apply. Advance tickets can only have their date and journey time changed, not the route or direction of travel. They can be amended right up to the time your journey is due to begin at a station, or up to the day before travel online.
If there is a difference between the price of your original Advance ticket and the cost of your new Advance ticket, you will need to pay the difference. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded.
You can change your Advance tickets in a few easy ways:
- If you purchased your Advance tickets through your Southeastern account, you can log in and amend the date and time.
- If you purchased your Advance tickets online and you don’t have a Southeastern account, or it's the date of travel, you’ll need to visit a ticket office and ask for the changes to be made.
- If you purchased your Advance tickets at a Southeastern station, take your ticket back to a station and request your changes.
We're unable to amend Advance tickets that have been purchased via PayPal, due to technology limitations. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.