Who We Are
Discover more about Southeastern; our culture and values, and what makes us such a great place to work for.
About the Company
Southeastern operates one of the busiest networks in the country, including the UK’s first domestic highspeed service with Javelin trains.
We have been running the train service between London and Kent and parts of East Sussex since 2006. From 17 October 2021, Southeastern now operates under the ownership of the Department for Transport Operator of Last Resort Holdings Limited.
We run more than 2,000 trains and carry over 450,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team.
Culture & Values
We don’t own the trains we run or the tracks they run on. Our greatest asset is our people who are passionate about delivering our passengers the best experience possible when using our network.
Whether you are based on our platforms, onboard, or in one of our office locations, everyone has a part to play in running our services. A lot of our colleagues describe the railway as their family and that feeling grows everyday.
Our values shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need.
We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We make the difference together
We aim to be the best
Our people live our values every day and demonstrate these values in every interaction with our passengers and colleagues.
Our values will be present throughout your career journey with Southeastern. You will be measured against throughout the selection process, and they will become part of daily life throughout your career with us.
Awards And Recognition
We are proud of the employer awards we have won and the recognition we have received, and we would have been able to achieve this without the excellent people of Southeastern.
If you join us you could play a crucial role in helping us to achieve even more.
- Winner of ‘Great Place to Work’ at the 2023 National Rail Awards
- Winner of Rail Business of the Year 2023 as well as being highly commended in both the Diversity and Inclusion and the Wellbeing in Rail categories
- Ranked as part of the 5% club in the Apprenticeships Top 100 Employees 2022. The country’s most outstanding apprenticeship employers for 2022 were recognised for their vital work boosting career opportunities for more people
- Financial Times Diversity Leaders ranking for 2023 comprising 850 companies across Europe seen to do more than just talk about their commitment to diversity and inclusion taking action to promote change and create an inclusive environment
- Named in The Sun's Top 8 menopause-friendly employers (in 2022)
- Won the Women in Rail Top Employer award in both 2020 and 2022
Investors in People
In a remarkable demonstration of our commitment to enabling our people to thrive, achieving our latest recognition from the IiP means that we are now one of only three large employers in the entire country to hold Gold Standard in all three areas: We invest in people, We invest in wellbeing and We invest in apprentices.
We’re proud to support the local communities in our network through partnerships and outreach.
Operating in a socially and environmentally responsible way is a huge part of our vision.
Take a look at our careers portal for our current vacancies, or register your details for future opportunities.