Refunds for industrial action
Please apply for a refund if you don't travel.
Industrial action refund information
Last updated 27 June 2022
If you had a Daily or Advance ticket for travel on 21, 23 or 25 June you can use this ticket either on the day before the date on the ticket, or through and including the Monday and Tuesday of the following week.
Daily tickets bought online
- If you bought your ticket as a guest or your ticket has passed its date of travel, please contact us for a full refund, we won’t charge an admin fee.
- If you bought your ticket from our website, you can use our self-service refund facility. If you have an account please log in, go to ‘My Account’, then ‘Manage my tickets/refunds’ to apply. Please note this doesn’t apply to daily tickets which have passed their date of travel.
- If you have a Key smartcard and can't log into your account, and/or use the self-service refund facility, please complete our online Key refund form.
Daily tickets bought at a station
- If you bought a paper daily ticket from one of our ticket offices, you can return this to any Southeastern ticket office for a full refund with no admin fee. Alternatively you can send your ticket to Southeastern Customer Services at:
Ashby De La Zouch
- If you bought a ticket on your Key smartcard from one of our stations, you can return this to any Southeastern ticket office for a full refund or you can apply online by filling out the Key refund form.
Advance ticket holders can either apply for a full refund with no admin fee or return to the original retailer for an eVoucher, for use purchasing a future ticket. eVouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
If your ticket was bought online and hasn’t been printed/collected, please use our Contact us form and quote your order reference number.
If your ticket was bought online or at a station and has been printed, please post them to our Customer Services team at the address below:
Southeastern Online Refunds
Ashby De La Zouch
Book with confidence
Under normal circumstances we charge an admin fee when you make a change to your Advance ticket journey. However given the current situation, we have introduced the following temporary changes:
Until 30th September 2022 you can make the following changes to your Advance ticket with no admin fee –
- Exchange Advance ticket for an eVoucher
- Request a change of journey on an Advance ticket
Season ticket holders (Flexi, monthly or longer) can use Delay Repay to claim money back if they choose not to travel on strike days, using ‘Industrial Action – did not travel’ as the reason for the delay. You can claim from the day of industrial action and up to 28 days after that date.
For Flexi season tickets holders, if you only have a few passes left on your Flexi season ticket and were intending on using them on one of the strike days 21,23 or 25 June, then please activate a pass on one of the strike days and then claim Delay Repay, using 'Industrial Action - did not travel' as the reason for delay.
Alternatively, you can apply for a refund. There must be a minimum of two unused day passes left to be eligible for a refund and an admin fee of £10 will be charged. Simply log in to your online account, select 'manage my tickets/refunds' and follow the steps to process your own refund.
Weekly tickets – we recommend you don’t buy a weekly season ticket during the industrial action. If you already have a weekly ticket please go to our refunds page to claim a partial refund.