Delay Repay compensation
Delay Repay is a national scheme train companies use to compensate passengers for delays. You can claim compensation if you're delayed by 30 minutes or more when you travel with us
More information about Delay Repay
Delay Repay is a national scheme train companies use to compensate passengers for delays. You can claim compensation if you're delayed by 30 minutes or more when you travel with us (except when delays are caused by planned engineering work).
Use the form below to apply for compensation. You can claim up to 28 days after your delayed journey.
How will compensation be paid?
You can now choose one of six ways for your compensation to be paid:
- Electronic bank transfer (BACS) – Simply provide your sort code and account number
- PayPal – paid into your bank account via PayPal. Simply provide the email address linked to your PayPal account
- eVoucher – redeemable for ticket purchases online through the Southeastern website
- Cashable vouchers – these can be exchanged for cash at any Southeastern ticket office within 28 days, or they can be used to buy rail tickets with most train operating companies in Great Britain (including season tickets) for up to 12 months of being issued. We can pay out compensation up to £50 in National Rail vouchers. Any amount above this will be paid by cheque. Please note that you’ll need to bring photo ID with you to redeem vouchers for cash
- Cheque – you can opt to be paid by cheque. This is the default method for compensation if no preference is given
- Visa – Simply provide your long card number, expiry date
Ways to claim
- Apply online or by post within 28 days of your delay
- You will need Proof of travel - your original ticket, a ticket receipt, a copy of your season ticket and photocard, or a journey receipt if you use Oyster pay as you go. For Oyster Season Tickets you will need to provide the transaction receipt
Applying by post
Once you have completed the form, please send it to us at:
Southeastern Delay Repay
ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH
Telephone: 0345 322 7021
We will respond to your claim within ten working days.
How we calculate compensation
|Ticket type||Length of delay|
|30 - 59 mins||1 hour - 1 hour 59 mins||2 hours +|
|Single||50% of ticket price||100% of ticket price||100% of ticket price|
|Return||25% of ticket price||50% of tickets price||100% of ticket price|
|Season||50% of journey rate||100% of journey rate||200% of journey rate|
Season ticket holders
As season tickets are valid for a period of time, compensation is based on the following journey rates.
|Season ticket type||Journey rate|
Please note Season ticket holders can make up to one outward and one return journey Delay Repay claim per day.
Southeastern’s Enhanced Compensation scheme provides additional compensation for season ticket holders when a significant proportion of their journeys in a business period have been delayed longer than 30 minutes.
This compensation is in addition to the compensation all passengers are entitled to under the Delay Repay Scheme. Check our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.