Oyster is a smartcard which can hold pay as you go credit and travelcards
Oyster card Pay As You Go
Oyster is a smartcard which can hold credit, for use as Pay As You Go (PAYG), and Travelcards. They can be used on all National Rail services in London as well as all services operated by Transport for London, TfL, i.e. bus, tube, tram and DLR.
Travelling around London on Southeastern is easy, we have 73 stations in the Oyster PAYG area.
You can use Oyster PAYG on all National Rail routes for journeys wholly within the London Fare Zones 1-9.
Oyster PAYG on Southeastern high speed services
- Separate high speed PAYG rates apply
- Travelcards are not accepted on high speed services
- These fares are not included when calculating daily or weekly caps
Oyster at Dartford and Swanley
Dartford and Swanley fall within the London Fares Zones 1-9 so you can use Oyster PAYG and Travelcards at these stations.
With these destinations there are occasions when Oyster may not be the cheapest option for your journey.
Oyster fares on National Rail
Zip Oyster photocards
- Travel free on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services where pay as you go is accepted
- Pay as you go at the child-rate on Southeastern high speed services between St Pancras International and Stratford International; and on Gatwick Express, Southern and Thameslink services between Coulsdon South and Gatwick Airport
- Pay as you go at child rate on the Emirates Air Line cable car
- Pay as you go at half adult rate on Thames Clipper River Bus services.
- travel free on buses and trams
- at child rate on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail, Emirates Air Line and most National Rail services in London
- at half adult rate on Thames Clipper River Bus services
Questions about our services?