Oyster card Pay As You Go
Oyster is a smartcard which can hold credit, for use as Pay As You Go (PAYG), and Travelcards. They can be used on all National Rail services in London as well as all services operated by Transport for London, TfL, i.e. bus, tube, tram and DLR.
Travelling around London on Southeastern is easy, we have 73 stations in the Oyster PAYG area.
You can use Oyster PAYG on all National Rail routes for journeys wholly within the London Fare Zones 1-9.
Oyster PAYG on Southeastern high speed services
You can use Oyster PAYG for a single fare between St Pancras International and Stratford International on our high speed services.
This should make it quicker and easier during busy periods because it means you no longer need to use ticket machines.
Please note that:
- Separate high speed PAYG rates apply
- Travelcards are not accepted on high speed services
- These fares are not included when calculating daily or weekly caps
Oyster at Dartford and Swanley
Dartford and Swanley fall within the London Fares Zones 1-9 so you can use Oyster PAYG and Travelcards at these stations.
With these destinations there are occasions when Oyster may not be the cheapest option for your journey.
Oyster fares on National Rail
With Oyster PAYG you get the cheapest appropriate single fare on National Rail services in London which means you pay less than the cash fare.
There are peak and Off-Peak Oyster single fares on National Rail with the fare set when you touch in at the start of your journey. The peak fare applies Monday to Friday: 6:30am - 9:30am and 4pm- 7pm; Off-Peak applies at all other times and on Public Holidays. Find out about Oyster fares at the TfL farefinder
You can also register your Oyster card for Railcard discounts. A 34% discount will apply to the off-peak daily price cap with the following Railcards: 16-25, Senior, Disabled, HM Forces and Annual Gold Card.
You can buy an Oyster card from any TfL approved outlet including London Underground stations, and online from the TfL website
Top up your credit using the self-service ticket machines at any of our stations within the London Travelcard area
, Underground stations and shops across London.
Unfortunately you can't top up Oyster cards at Southeastern ticket offices.
Zip Oyster photocards
Children under the age of 11 can get a 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard to:
- Travel free on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services where pay as you go is accepted
- Pay as you go at the child-rate on Southeastern high speed services between St Pancras International and Stratford International; and on Gatwick Express, Southern and Thameslink services between Coulsdon South and Gatwick Airport
- Pay as you go at child rate on the Emirates Air Line cable car
- Pay as you go at half adult rate on Thames Clipper River Bus services.
Children aged over 10 years and 11 months and under 16 on 31 August can get an 11-15 Zip Oyster photocard to:
- travel free on buses and trams
- at child rate on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail, Emirates Air Line and most National Rail services in London
- at half adult rate on Thames Clipper River Bus services