You can ask to see any CCTV footage of yourself (or a person you are legally acting on behalf of) that we hold, as per the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998
. There’s a £10 administration fee, which is not refundable.
Please get in touch promptly, as we only hold footage for a short period of time:
- Station footage – a maximum of 30 days, sometimes less
- Train footage – a maximum of 20 days, sometimes less
Before you get in touch, please note that we don’t manage the CCTV at these stations:
- Ebsfleet International
- Cannon Street
- Charing Cross
- London Bridge
- St Pancras
- Stratford International
- Waterloo East
So we can find the footage as quickly as possible, please complete the form carefully. Helpful information to include: the location, date, time (to the nearest two hours ideally), and what you were wearing. We’ll also need to see two forms of identification – see the request form for more details .
If you don’t want to complete the form, you can email or write to us including all the information listed on the form (above).
London and Southeastern Railway Ltd
Friars Bridge Court
41-45 Blackfriars Road
London SE1 8PG
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible, and always within 40 calendar days – as long as you’ve sent the fee and correct documentation.
If we find your footage, and we’re able to release it (see below), we usually put it on a DVD-ROM. Sometimes we’re able to send still images if we can’t send the full footage.
We may not be able to send you CCTV footage if:
- We can’t find the footage because you haven’t given us enough information
- The camera was pointing in a different direction or not recording
- The police are involved
- The timeframe is too broad (typically more than two hours)
- Anyone else can be identified in the footage, as we’re required to protect the rights of other people
Police requests for CCTV footage are considered on a case-by-case basis. They must include an authorised request for personal data form.