Paper Season ticket refunds
Paper Season ticket refunds
If you're considering claiming a refund on your season ticket, please be aware that we are no longer able to back date this by up to 56 days, refunds now follow our usual terms and conditions.
We’ve introduced a new temporary refund process to allow passengers with paper Season tickets to claim refunds online during the coronavirus pandemic, as we understand that you may not currently be able to go a ticket office or the Post Office.
We want to make sure all our passengers get the refund they’re entitled to, so we have created the new process below to allow you to do that as soon as possible.
Please read the instructions and then complete the webform below to request a refund of your paper Season ticket.
Please note we can't process refunds for tickets bought from other retailers or operators. Please contact your original ticket retailer for refund assistance.
To make sure we are able to process your refund, please make sure you follow these steps -
- Complete all of the mandatory sections in the webform (marked with *) and as many of the optional sections as you can. Not all of the fields will be relevant for every ticket.
- In the ‘Your Comments’ section of the webform choose ‘Refund’ as the Contact Type.
- When completing the webform below, please make sure you add 'STCOVID19' in the comments field, just before you upload your ticket images.
- You will need to provide two images of the Season Ticket to be refunded.
The first image should show your Season Ticket in its original state (see example below):
The second image should show your Season Ticket with the word “COVID19” written across it, and then cut in two (see example below):
Please attach both images to this form using the 'Upload document' functions below, making sure the printed details on the ticket are clearly visible in both images.
- State the last date you used your ticket to travel.
- Please keep your cut-up Season Ticket until you’ve received your refund and your ticket has expired, as we may need this at a later date.
Before submitting your refund claim please make sure you have followed each of the points above.
You can apply for a season ticket refund at any point during it’s validity. Where the ticket will be refunded from the date it is surrendered.
For an annual Season Ticket, there may not be any monetary value left in an if it is surrendered in the last couple of months of validity. Annual Season tickets have no refund value after 10 months and 12 days, although they are still valid for travel until the expiry date and you can continue to enjoy any Gold Card benefits along with it.
If you apply for a refund from Monday 8 June onwards, your request will be processed and paid within 28 days (in line with the National Rail Conditions of Travel).
If you purchased your season ticket online, you should log into your account and use the self-service refund facility.
If you’re unable to log into your account and use the self-service refund facility, or purchased your Key season ticket at a ticket office or Ticket Vending Machine, please complete our online Key refund form.