Read about all the ways we are improving our services
We are constantly improving
More carriages, longer trains!
Southeastern passengers can benefit from 68 extra carriages which have been added on our busiest services. These carriages provide over 5,000 additional seats into London in the morning peak alone, enabling thousands more people to travel in greater comfort.
More friendly faces to help you
...Thanks to 300 extra permanent support staff.As part of our £70 million investment plan, since January 2015 we've added an extra 300 permanent front line staff to support passengers on their journey. Many of these additional staff are based at key London stations affected by major timetable changes to provide more information and assistance to passengers. Our staff are here to help so any questions or concerns you might have please be sure to ask.
- Station approaches - signage, cycle storage, poster displays
- Ticket halls - all surfaces, radiators and windows
- Platforms, lifts and escalators - poster displays, hand rails and ledges
- Waiting areas - shelters and rooms
- Toilets - wall panels, fixtures and fittings
The only stations we have not yet improved are Herne Hill and Strood, both of which are due to undergo major rebuilding work in 2017.
We've installed additional digital screens to further support live customer information at the following stations:
- Ashford International ( 2 platforms)
- Faversham (2 platforms)
- Hither Green (2 platforms and ticket hall)
- Lewisham (1 platform and ticket hall)
- Maidstone West (Ticket hall)
- Margate (Ticket hall)
- New Cross (2 platforms)
- Orpington (1 platform)
- Paddock Wood (2 platforms)
- Ramsgate (Ticket hall)
- Sheerness on Sea (1 platform)
- Sidcup (Ticket hall)
- Tonbridge (2 platforms)
More ticket machines
Know what's going on at all times
...thanks to a heavy duty Spring-clean to our entire fleet, ensuring they are tip top for passengers.
And there's more...