Student travel window
Student travel window to return home for Christmas
The Department for Education has announced its plans to bring students safely home for Christmas and 3 - 9 December has been designated as the 'Student Travel Window'.
We're working with education providers to understand how they will be staggering the release of students to ensure that our timetable supports this where possible.
Advice for students
Planning your journey
The Southeastern timetable was changed at short notice on 16 November in response to the latest lockdown and phase of the pandemic. The timetable is live in journey planners until 11 December. Dates beyond this are being checked against planned engineering work and will be available in approximately 2 weeks' time.
There are planned engineering works on some routes between 3-9 December:
Late night/early morning works take place on 3, 7, 8 & 9 December, and work is taking place all day on Sunday 6 December.
Advance Tickets for money saving travel up to 11 December are available for sale now.
Travel with confidence
At Southeastern, our teams are working hard to make sure that if you travel on our trains, you can travel with confidence.
Please plan ahead and avoid travelling at busy times.
- You can check how busy your train might be with our new SeatFinder tools
- For the latest advice please read the government checklist for safer travel
- Find out more about the latest government restrictions
- Find out more about our current timetable
- Not all cafes and retail will be open at stations so please plan for this