Save more, enjoy more
Discover our best ticket offers for Autumn adventures
Save on train travel and explore London, Kent and East Sussex this Autumn
Explore London’s museums and attractions such as SEA LIFE London Aquarium, London Transport Museum and Natural History Museum, or head to the coast for seaside entertainment at Dreamland in Margate, explore fascinating outdoor artworks in Folkestone, or tuck into fish and chips on the beach and then retreat to a cosy pub for a glass of locally brewed beer.
If you’re travelling with children, our Kids for a Quid offer is the perfect way to save on a family day out. Or head out on a day trip with a group of 3-9 adults off-peak and save up to 34% on individual tickets with GroupSave tickets.
Our Advance tickets also offer great savings so you can enjoy more of life’s little treats – treat yourself to that bargain whilst shopping or indulge in a freshly baked slice of cake and steaming mug of coffee.
For great ways to save, check out our tickets below. Plus, there are no booking fees when you book direct with Southeastern.
Save more and enjoy more with our Advance tickets. Our Advance tickets offer great savings on single tickets for specific trains on selected routes. You can mix and match Advance Tickets and times to suit you. If you're making a return journey, make sure you buy a ticket for each direction. You can buy Advance tickets online, from a ticket office or our ticket machines.
Check out our ways to save page for the best ticket option for your journey.
Explore our network map and start planning your journey now!
- Up to four children (aged 5 to 15 inclusive) can travel with each adult.
- Unaccompanied children must pay the normal child fare, which is 50% of the adult fare.
- Valid at Off-Peak times only (no restrictions at weekends and public holidays).
- Only valid on Southeastern services.
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-9 area.
- Kids for a quid only applies to journeys where Southeastern are responsible for setting the fare.
- Not valid in First Class.
Which adult tickets can be used?
- The adult ticket used must be valid for the journey being made.
- Valid with Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak, Season Tickets and Advance fares.
- Railcard discounts can be used for the adult tickets however these discounts cannot be applied to the flat-rate £1 child fare.
- Not valid in conjunction with all our special promotion tickets.
Where can you buy tickets?
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from our ticket offices or online – but not from our ticket vending machines.
If purchasing with a Season Ticket, this must be at the ticket office.
All the other usual National Rail terms and conditions apply.
When are Advance tickets available?
- Weekday bookings for Advance tickets are available up to Friday 17th December. (Please note: journeys are bookable a maximum of 84 days in advance.)
- Weekend bookings for Advance tickets are available until Sunday 21st November.
Details last updated 12th October 2021
What routes are Advance tickets available on?
- Advance Tickets are available on selected routes including some high-speed services.
- Unfortunately, Advance Tickets are not available for journeys entirely within the London Travelcard area (Zones 1-6), or from selected stations close to London.
Can I change the journey details of an Advance ticket?
- The rail industry has introduced a temporary amendment to Advance ticket terms & conditions to help customers gain confidence travelling by rail again.
- From Monday 21 June 2021 until December 2021, you can request a fee-free change of journey on an Advance ticket. You will still be required to pay any fare difference, and changes must be made by 6pm the day before travel; original origin and destination must remain the same, but you are permitted to change the date and time to travel on another service or day.
- If you have an online account with us, you can log in and amend the date and time on your Advance ticket.
- Alternatively, if you have printed your Advance ticket, you can take this to your local Southeastern ticket office, and our staff will amend this for you.
Can I get a refund on my Advance ticket?
- The rail industry has introduced a temporary amendment to Advance ticket terms & conditions to help customers gain confidence travelling by rail again. From Monday 21 June 2021 until December 2021, Advance tickets can be surrendered back to the original retailer for an eVoucher, for use purchasing a future ticket. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- To apply for a voucher exchange on your Advance Ticket, please visit our contact us page and fill out the online form, attaching either a copy of your printed Advance Ticket, or if you haven’t printed your ticket, please include your order reference number.
- Requests must be made, and can only be accepted, by 6pm the day before travel.
Can I reserve a seat?
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to reserve a specific seat on our trains. Instead, with your Advance ticket you will be able to sit anywhere on the train you have been booked on.
When can I use an Advance ticket?
- Advance tickets are only valid for travel on the specific date and time of the train selected when booked.
- Advance tickets are available on selected routes.
- Advance tickets are available every day of the week with more choice on Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays.
Are there discounts for children?
- Child discounts apply for all Advance tickets, and you can combine adult Advance tickets with Kids for a Quid.
Can I use my Railcard?
- National Railcard holders get 1/3 off Advance tickets, subject to the conditions of their railcard.
Are Group Discounts available?
- Unfortunately, Group Discounts are not available.
What if there’s engineering work when I want to travel?
- At weekends, due to engineering work, Advance tickets may be withdrawn or reservations opened less than 12 weeks ahead.
See full terms and conditions for Advance fares at National Rail Enquiries.
- GroupSave fares are based on groups of 3 to 9 people travelling together at all times and people travelling on this fare cannot split from the group to travel separately.
- GroupSave is valid during Off-Peak times on: Super Off-Peak Day Singles and Returns, Off-Peak and some Anytime Tickets, where available.
- Available from 09:30 Monday to Friday and at any time at weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Kids for a Quid Tickets can be combined with GroupSave. Adults travelling as part of a GroupSave party can purchase up to four Kids for a Quid Tickets each for the children in their party.
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Travelcards for travel only from stations outside of the London area (not for purchase in the London Fares Zones 1-6).
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Returns for return within one calendar month, where available.
- Discounts apply to listed ticket types only and cannot be secured in conjunction with any other offers. GroupSave cannot be used with Railcards, any other Train Operating Company special offers, train or bus travel connecting river or sea routes.
- GroupSave is available for Standard Class travel only.
- Special ticket refund procedures apply for GroupSave.