Ooohhh no it isn't. (ooh yes it is)
Get into the festive spirit with our best ticket offers
Save on train travel and explore London, Kent and East Sussex this Winter
From festive food to adventures on ice, you’ll find something for everyone when you explore London, Kent and East Sussex by train this Winter.
It wouldn’t be Christmas without a visit to an ice rink, fun and laughter at the Panto, hunting for the perfect Christmas gift or tucking into food and drink at a Christmas market.
If you’re travelling with children, our Kids for a Quid offer is the perfect way to save on a festive family day out. Or head out on a day trip with a group of 3-9 adults off-peak and save up to 34% on individual tickets with GroupSave tickets.
For great ways to save, check out our tickets below. Plus, there are no booking fees when you book direct with Southeastern.
Kids for a Quid
Enjoy festive fun with the family and save with our Kids for a Quid tickets. Buy 1 adult ticket and travel with up to 4 kids aged 5-15 for just £1 each on off-peak Southeastern services. Under 5’s go free! As they are already a bargain, Kids for a Quid tickets can’t be further discounted with railcards, or used on journeys wholly within London Zones 1-9. Buy online, from a ticket office or our ticket machines.
This year our colleagues at Network Rail are encouraging passengers travelling through London stations to share moments with festive activities and help raise money to support the charity, Routes out of Homelessness.
Look out for the selfie wall and the opportunity to play your favourite Christmas songs on a jukebox at London Bridge, a giant 25ft Advent Calendar tree at Victoria and a stunning 30ft outdoor tree at Charing Cross. There will chances to win prizes and teams will be handing out voucher books offering discounts at your favourite station retailers.
Plus, choirs and brass bands will bring an extra festive atmosphere to the stations throughout December. Dates to remember:
- London Bridge – Selfie Wall 1-24 Dec, Christmas Tree
- Victoria – Advent Calendar activation 1-24 Dec, Christmas Tree
- Charing Cross – Outdoor activation with Social Bite 1st-24th Dec, Christmas Tree
- Cannon St – Christmas Tree
Get into the festive spirit across our network...
Check out our ways to save page for the best ticket option for your journey.
Travel with confidence
With enhanced cleaning procedures and hand sanitiser points at busy stations, we'll help you to travel with confidence. Please plan ahead and check before you travel. Find out more on our travel advice page.
Christmas and New Year services
If you're planning to travel between 24 December – 3 January, make sure to plan ahead and check the services we're running during this time with our handy Christmas and New Year services guide.
New timetable from 12 December
As of 12 December we introduced a new timetable with a number of new and re-introduced services to help you enjoy days out and experiences this festive season:
- Highspeed services to resume at Sandwich, Deal, Walmer and Martin Mill at off-peak times, providing more week day options for travelling between London and the Kent coast
- Return of post-midnight trains from London Charing Cross to South East London and West Kent, making it easier for you to enjoy weeknights out in London at the theatre, the cinema or catching up with friends and family
- Plus we have a new Saturday late night service departing Hastings at 23:30 for Tonbridge, so you can make the most of the town’s nightlife and evening entertainment
Find out more on our timetables page.
Explore our network map and start planning your journey now!
- Up to four children (aged 5 to 15 inclusive) can travel with each adult.
- Unaccompanied children must pay the normal child fare, which is 50% of the adult fare.
- Valid at Off-Peak times only (no restrictions at weekends and public holidays).
- Only valid on Southeastern services.
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-9 area.
- Kids for a quid only applies to journeys where Southeastern are responsible for setting the fare.
- Not valid in First Class.
Which adult tickets can be used?
- The adult ticket used must be valid for the journey being made.
- Valid with Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak, Season Tickets and Advance fares.
- Railcard discounts can be used for the adult tickets however these discounts cannot be applied to the flat-rate £1 child fare.
- Not valid in conjunction with all our special promotion tickets.
Where can you buy tickets?
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from our ticket offices or online – but not from our ticket vending machines.
If purchasing with a Season Ticket, this must be at the ticket office.
All the other usual National Rail terms and conditions apply.
- GroupSave fares are based on groups of 3 to 9 people travelling together at all times and people travelling on this fare cannot split from the group to travel separately.
- GroupSave is valid during Off-Peak times on: Super Off-Peak Day Singles and Returns, Off-Peak and some Anytime Tickets, where available.
- Available from 09:30 Monday to Friday and at any time at weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Kids for a Quid Tickets can be combined with GroupSave. Adults travelling as part of a GroupSave party can purchase up to four Kids for a Quid Tickets each for the children in their party.
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Travelcards for travel only from stations outside of the London area (not for purchase in the London Fares Zones 1-6).
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Returns for return within one calendar month, where available.
- Discounts apply to listed ticket types only and cannot be secured in conjunction with any other offers. GroupSave cannot be used with Railcards, any other Train Operating Company special offers, train or bus travel connecting river or sea routes.
- GroupSave is available for Standard Class travel only.
- Special ticket refund procedures apply for GroupSave.