High speed tickets
We run the UK's only high speed line - from London St Pancras to Ashford International.
The 140 mph Javelin trains also serve many stations across Kent, including Canterbury, Margate, Dover and the Medway towns.
You can buy a walk-on ticket or a supplement ticket.
Walk on tickets
Can be bought online or at a ticket office.
You can upgrade to High Speed services by buying a supplement if you have a:
- Ticket (including seasons) valid on Southeastern services into London Terminals*
- Travelcard originating from a Southeastern station outside the London Travelcard area.
Please note *tickets which are solely for travel within the London area cannot be upgraded by use of a supplement
Supplements are not valid on their own and must be accompanied by a non high speed Southeastern ticket.
Please ensure that the origin and destination stations on your supplement match those on your original ticket.
N.B. Weekly high speed upgrades are no longer available for season ticket holders. Normal rules now apply for long-term season ticket upgrades.Find out more.
Daily high speed upgrades are still available to buy at ticket offices or from self-service ticket machines.
These ticket descriptions entitle you to travel on high speed (HS) services:
- PLUS HIGH SPEED – shown on either a walk up or supplement ticket.
- UPGRADE + HS – shown on a supplement ticket. Must be accompanied by a Southeastern ticket that is not valid on High speed services. N.B. Earlybird ticket holders are not eligible for a HS upgrades.
- ANY PERMITTED - for long distance through tickets, i.e. destinations beyond St Pancras.
- There is no first class seating on HS services.
- Tickets that are not valid on the HS route state ‘Not Valid on HS1’, unless a supplement has been purchased.
- Valid first class ticket holders may be entitled to travel on HS services at no extra cost. Check at your local station.
- First class ticket holders travelling back to pick up HS services need a ticket between their origin station and relevant HS station.
- The following railcard discounts apply: Disabled, Family & Friends, Senior, 16-25, Network Railcard, Two Together and Forces Railcards. Normal minimum fare rules apply.
- Tickets bought with a Jobcentreplus Travel Discount Card are not valid for travel on HS services (even if an upgrade ticket is purchased). Learn more about the Travel Discount Card.
Oyster PAYG and Contactless for high speed services from London to Stratford and Dartford
You can now also use Oyster pay as you go and Contactless payment between St Pancras and Stratford International, and between London and Dartford.
The Oyster/Contactless fares between these stations will be the same as or lower than the existing paper fares. This should make it quicker and easier during busy periods because it means you no longer need to use ticket machines.
- Please note seperate high speed pay as you go rates apply.
- Travelcards are not accepted on high speed train services
- The new fare is not included within daily or weekly capping.
For full details on Oyster and Contactless payment please visit tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments.
Find out more about our high speed service here