Delay repay is the national scheme that most train companies use to compensate you for delays and cancellations. You can claim if you're delayed by more than 30 minutes when you travel with us (except when delays are caused by planned engineering work).
How to claim
- Apply online or by post within 28 days of your delay.
- You will need Proof of travel - your original ticket, a ticket receipt, a copy of your season ticket and photocard, or a journey receipt if you use Oyster pay as you go.
What are you entitled to?
Compensation will be paid in National Rail Vouchers which can be used as payment (or part payment) towards any National Rail ticket, including season tickets.
Season ticket holders (weekly or longer)
Compensation is calculated pro-rata on the basis that:
- an annual season ticket covers 546 single journeys
- a six-monthly season ticket covers 273 single journeys
- a quarterly season ticket covers 136.5 single journeys
- a monthly season ticket covers 45.5 single journeys
- a weekly season ticket covers 10.5 single journeys
If you're delayed by:
- 30-59 minutes you're entitled to 50% of the cost of a single journey
- 60-119 minutes you're entitled to 100% of the cost of a single journey
- 120+ minutes you're entitled to the cost of two single journeys
Tonbridge to London terminals season tickets
|30-59 mins||60-119 mins||120+ mins|
Day ticket holders
If you're delayed by:
- 30-59 minutes you're entitled to 50% of the value of the portion of your journey affected by the delay
- 60-119 minutes you're entitled to 100% of the value of the portion of your journey affected by the delay
- 120+ minutes you're entitled to 100% of the cost of the return journey.
Once you have completed the form, please send it to us at:
Southeastern Delay Repay
1 High Street
Telephone: 0845 000 2222 or 01732 378 751
We will respond to your claim within ten working days.
Southeastern’s Enhanced Compensation scheme provides additional compensation for season ticket holders when a significant proportion of their journeys in a business period have experienced delays longer than 30 minutes. This compensation is in addition to the compensation all passengers are entitled to under the Delay Repay Scheme. Check our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.