Our wider environmental impacts are associated with the use of water and other natural resources, pollution, nuisance and threats to biodiversity. Reducing our impact in these areas plays a significant role in the long-term sustainability of our business.
We’re considerate to our surroundings by using natural resources responsibly, in particular gas and water. We implement effective pollution reduction and prevention systems, and look for ways to reduce the potential pollution risks associated with our cleaning and maintenance activities.
We’ve also started work monitoring and reducing our water consumption by installing meters and identifying leaks. We will continue to expand this programme, and will also consider further schemes to reduce water use and recycle water where practicable.
As a responsible member of the communities we serve, we’re aware of the potential for our activities to create unwelcome noise. We monitor all complaints we receive and are proactive in reducing the source of noise.
Working with our industry partners, contractors and suppliers, we maintain biodiversity at our stations, depots and offices when undertaking construction work.
- Understand and reduce our use of water across our sites.
- Monitor noise complaints.
- Review and enhance our arrangements for avoiding and mitigating pollution of soil or ground water.
- Maintain biodiversity when undertaking station enhancements and other construction work.
- Gain ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Gain EN16001 Energy Management